Turmeric Rice With Cranberries
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 tablespoon Dried Cranberries - no-sugar-added
- 2 cup Water - lukewarm
- 1 tablespoon Pine Nuts
- 0.5 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 0.06 teaspoon Asafoetida - powder
- 0.5 teaspoon Whole Saffron - in ¼ c hot water
- 0.5 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 0.25 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Basmati Rice - cooked
- Soak cranberries in lukewarm water for about 10 minutes to plump. Drain.
- In a wok or medium skillet on medium-high, heat coconut oil and stir in cranberries and pine nuts. Add turmeric, asafetida, saffron, sugar and salt, and reduce heat to low; cook 7 minutes. Add rice and stir until evenly coated; serve immediately.
Catch this recipe in Colleen Francioli’s new book: The Everything® Low-FODMAP Diet Cookbook. Available from these booksellers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target, Indiebound, GooglePlay and Walmart. Copyright © 2016 by F+W Media, Inc. Photo by Kelly Jaggers.