Toasted Millet Muesli
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 0.33 cup Boiling Water
- 0.5 cup Millet
- 2 cup Oats
- 0.75 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 0.5 cup Coconut Flakes - unsweetened
- 0.25 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 0.13 teaspoon Salt
- 0.5 cup Dried Currants
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over millet, cover with a plate, and let sit until softened, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine drained millet, oats, pumpkin seeds, and coconut flakes.
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil in the microwave, on high for 10-15 seconds. Mix the maple syrup and salt in with the coconut oil. Pour into millet mixture and stir until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Spread the mixture on the sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. Check half way through to stir around, for even baking. Once cool, stir in dried currants.
Muesli keeps, stored in an airtight container, for two weeks. Keep in mind to purchase gluten-free oats for this recipe.