Sweet Chili Thai Sauce
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 tablespoon Fish Sauce - (or wheat free tamari for vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Honey - (clover or alfalfa)
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Ginger - grated
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 0.25 cup Coconut Milk
- 4 tablespoon Garlic Chives
- To make the sauce, blend ingredients together until smooth in a blender or food processor (blend for approximately 10 seconds).
We recommend Native Forest canned full fat coconut milk, unsweetened, no gums. Honey contains fructose. Northern latitude honey (clover, raspberry, alfalfa) contain a closer ratio of fructose to glucose than tropical honey (like the honey that Monash University tested and noted as a high fodmap food). Since northern latitude honey contains a closer ratio of fructose to glucose, this improves fructose absorption and we find that many people with fructose intolerance can enjoy a small amount of northern latitude honey. Please try this and see how you do (easy enough to test out in tea, like Rooibos tea). Guest Guru Patsy Catsos recommends to her patients and readers, to not include honey. If you were referred to GutRxGurus by Patsy, please omit honey from this recipe. We're happy to make a suitable substitution suggestion. Feel free to post a question in the forum!