Sprouted Quinoa Sushi
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1.75 cup Water
- 1 cup Quinoa - rinsed
- 0.5 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 Nori (Dried Seaweed) - sheets
- 6 ounce Lox - smoked ,cut into thin strips
- 1 Cucumber - cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 Carrots - grated
- 0.5 small Avocado - sliced
- Broccoli - to taste
- Fresh Wasabi - to taste
- Pickled Ginger - to taste
- Tamari - to taste
- In a small pot, bring quinoa, sea salt, and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Leave covered, remove from heat, and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Place one sheet of nori vertically on a sushi mat or cutting board. Spread 1/3 cup of warm quinoa evenly over bottom half of nori and pat with the back of a spoon. Place the salmon in the middle of your quinoa layer. Top with a few pieces of each veggie item.
- With your finger gently brush the top part of the nori wrap with some water. Then roll your sushi roll and repeat.
- With a very sharp knife, cut rolls into about 8 equal pieces. Serve with tamari, wasabi, and pickled ginger.
We recommend tan quinoa for this recipe because it is easier to digest. Replace the quinoa with equal amounts of cooked white jasmine rice if desired.