Spring Vegetable Omelet
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley - minced
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 0.5 cup Fresh Fennel - sliced
- 2 Green Onion - chopped, green parts only
- 1 cup Baby Spinach - chopped and packed
- 2 tablespoon Grated Parmesan - or crumbled feta
- Salt - to taste
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Add the parsley, salt and pepper, and whisk with a fork until combined. Set aside.
- Meanwhile preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil, the fennel and green onions. Reduce heat to medium low and sauté until tender and
- browning. Stir in the spinach until wilted and remove from heat. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper if desired.
- Once the pan has cooled somewhat, pour the egg mixture overtop. Make sure to cover all the ingredients evenly in the pan. Then allow to cook over medium low
- heat. Once the eggs are set begin to tilt the pan from side to side to spread the remaining egg liquid towards the edges.
- When the eggs are almost done, add the feta or grated parmesan (or both) on top and allow the cheese to melt a little. Then plate the omelet and fold in half.
- Optional: Stuff the omelet with fresh broccoli sprouts or more greens like arugula if desired.