Simple Carrot And Dill Salad
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 pound Carrots - fresh
- 1 bunch Fresh Dill
- 1 cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 0.25 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoon White Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- 1.5 tablespoon Clover Honey
- Peel the carrots and grate using a food processor, or by hand using a cheese grater. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Finely mince the dill and toss with carrots. Whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing
- over the carrots and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to marinate 30 minutes prior to serving.
You may replace the honey for sugar if desired. Honey contains fructose. Northern latitude honey (clover, raspberry, alfalfa) contain a closer ratio of fructose to glucose than tropical honey (like the honey that Monash University tested and noted as a high fodmap food). Since northern latitude honey contains a closer ratio of fructose to glucose, this improves fructose absorption and we find that many people with fructose intolerance can enjoy a small amount of northern latitude honey. Please try this and see how you do (easy enough to test out in tea, like Rooibos tea). Guest Guru Patsy Catsos recommends to her patients and readers, to not include honey. If you were referred to GutRxGurus by Patsy, please omit honey from this recipe. We're happy to make a suitable substitution suggestion. Feel free to post a question in the forum!