Roasted Cumin Carrot Hummus
- Servings -
- My Notes -
Roast at 390 F Until Caramelized (Browned)
- 3.5 cups carrot - roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil - extra virgin, garlic infused
- 1 tbsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp cumin - ground
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil - extra virgin, garlic infused
- 1 can garbanzo beans - rinsed, liquid discarded
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup cold water
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds - roasted
- Heat oven to 390 F degrees
- In a bowl, toss the carrots with salt, cumin, smoked paprika, black pepper and garlic infused olive oil.
- Turn out onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan and roast until caramelized (browned) and then remove from over and allow to cool (20 minutes).
- Blend the roasted carrots with the garbanzo beans, lemon, tahini and cold water.
- Flavor to taste, with: 1 tsp + smoked paprika and salt and a dash of cumin.
- Top with paprika, toasted pine nuts and a drizzle of oil.
Garbanzo beans can be replaced with white beans. Make sure to rinse the beans well, and discard the liquid. My favorite garlic infused olive oil is: Terra Delyssa Lemon Infused Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil https://amzn.to/3wjkdaA