Roasted Carrot And Cumin Dip
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 5 medium Carrots
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Spring Onion - chopped,(green part only)
- 0.5 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seed - roasted and ground
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- To make the dip, roughly chop the carrots, toss with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (melt in microwave for 25 seconds or so) and turn out onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for approximately 25 minutes, until lightly browned. You may need to rotate the pan a few times to make sure that the carrots roast evenly. Remove from the heat.
- In a small skillet, dry toast 1 teaspoon cumin seeds over medium heat, until they are a darker shade of brown and fragrant. Please watch these carefully and do not allow the seeds to turn too dark a brown color. Immediately remove from heat and let it cool. Roasted seeds may be stored in an airtight container for a couple of months in the pantry. To use in this recipe, simply grind 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seed with a dry coffee grinder (that you use specifically to grind spices).
- In the same pan, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the spring onions, cooked carrots, paprika, turmeric and ground cumin. Sauté gently for two minutes and remove from heat and add the vinegar.
- Add to a food processor, seasoning with salt and pepper and pulse a few times to blend roughly (not until smooth)
You may use 1 teaspoon cumin powder to replace the seed. If you are going to dry toast 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds for this recipe, we encourage you to toast up 1/8 cup cumin seeds to use in future recipes.