Quinoa Tabbouleh With Feta Cheese
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1.75 cup Water
- 1 cup Quinoa - uncooked
- 1.5 teaspoon Sea Salt - divided
- 1.25 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Green Onion - thinly sliced,(green parts only)
- 1 cup Fresh Mint Leaf - chopped
- 1 cup Flat Leaf Parsley - chopped
- 3 cup Cucumber - diced
- 2 cup Grape Tomato
- 1 cup Feta Cheese - crumbles
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until water is absorbed, 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and add the lemon juice, olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Gently fold in the green onions, mint, and parsley. Dice the cucumbers and slice the tomatoes in half lengthwise. Add to bowl along with black pepper. Stir to combine. Finally, gently mix in the feta. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
- This salad tastes best if it is allowed to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
We recommend tan quinoa for this recipe as it is much easier to digest than the red and black varieties.