Quick Pickled Swiss Chard Stems
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 0.75 cup Swiss Chard - (stems only)
- 0.5 cup Water
- 0.5 cup Champagne Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 0.5 teaspoon Mustard Seed
- 0.25 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- To make the swiss chard, slice chard stems vertically into french fry sized pieces, and transfer to a glass jar or any heat friendly container.
- Heat a small saucepan on high with water, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard seeds, and oregano. Once slightly simmering, pour over the chard stems, and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
Distilled white or apple cider vinegar can be used in place of champagne vinegar.