Potato, Spinach And Tomato Frittata
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 Russet Potato - peeled, sliced and quartered
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 3 cup Spinach
- 5 Eggs - whisked
- 0.25 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tablespoon Fresh Chives - (green parts only)
- 0.5 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tomato - sliced
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Bring a 2 quart pot filled ¾ with water to boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender, but not completely cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Wilt the spinach for 1-2 minutes. Turn the spinach out into a large mixing bowl. Add the whisked eggs and most of the parmesan cheese (reserve a couple of tablespoons to sprinkle on the top) and season well with chives, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grease a pie pan with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Arrange the potatoes out in a circle, laying up (but not layering above the rim of the pie pan). Pour the egg mixture slowly over the potatoes.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the top of the frittata and then sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center is slightly puffed up.
To make this dairy free, omit the cheese. You may also replace the potato with sweet potato.