No Guilt Banana Bread
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large banana - very ripe, mashed
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey - (optional)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cups almond flour - blanched, finely ground
- 2 tbsp cinnamon - ground
- ¼ tsp cardamom - ground
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup whey protein - (Levels brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a loaf pan with butter or oil and set aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients and then add these to the wet ingredients and the stir until just combined.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool completely (usually around 2 hours) before storing covered in the refrigerator.
This is my personal recipe and I make this for my family at least once a month. I like to pack my sweets with extra protein, so I add 1 cup of whey protein to the recipe. My favorite whey protein is by Levels - grass fed and finished, unflavored (no additional ingredients to trigger SIBO) and, it blends quickly and easily in water. To order, go here: https://levelsprotein.com/ and use code AngelaPiferFMN to get 10% off your first order.