Miso Chicken Soup
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 3 pound Chicken - (backs and drumsticks) bone in pieces
- 5 quart Water
- 0.13 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.13 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Minced Ginger
- 3 Star Anise
- 3 medium Carrots - medium dice
- 1 medium Zucchini - medium dice
- 3 tablespoon Miso Paste
- 0.5 cup Kale - thinly sliced
- 0.5 cup Thai Basil - whole leaves
- Heat a large stock pot with on high heat with water and the chicken pieces. Once lightly boiling, turn down the heat to low and season with salt, pepper, ginger and star anise. Let simmer with the lid off for 1 hour. Remove the chicken bones and leave the meat. Add diced carrots and let cook for 20 minutes, then add zucchini and miso paste. Once the zucchini and carrots are cooked, remove the star anise pieces, add the kale and Thai basil leaves and turn off the heat.
Any low fodmap friendly vegetables/herbs can be used in this recipe in place of carrots. A whole chicken can be used in place of the 3 lbs of chicken pieces, but other ingredients may need to be adjusted accordingly.