Millet With Fennel Gravy
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 0.5 cup Millet - uncooked makes ~2 cups cooked)
- 3 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Fennel Bulb - halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary - minced
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1.25 cup Broth - bone broth
- 0.5 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 cup Kale - stems removed and chopped
- To prepare the millet, in a pot with a lid, toast the millet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it starts popping. Be careful not to burn it. Remove from heat.
- Bring a medium-sized pot with 1 cup water, a pinch of salt, and toasted millet to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and cover with lid. Simmer for 15 minutes or so. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes covered. Remove lid and fluff with fork. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, grab a large skillet and heat oil over medium heat. Add in sliced fennel and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rosemary, and nutritional yeast. Cook for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth and cornstarch until clumps are gone, and then stir into the fennel mixture. Stir in kale. Cook for another 5-6 minutes or so, until slightly thickened. Spoon the millet into four bowls and top with gravy.
We recommend homemade bone broth for this recipe.