GutRx Tomato Sauce
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1.5 can Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Oregano - leaves
- 0.5 cup Kale - de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 0.13 teaspoon Salt
- 0.13 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- To make the sauce, blend together tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, fresh oregano, and kale in a blender until combined. Heat a small sauce pan over medium. Pour in the sauce and let the sauce slowly simmer with a fresh rosemary sprig. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in olive oil. Turn down heat to low and let sit for 30 minutes. Remove rosemary and serve warm.
If you like to have larger pieces of tomato in tomato sauce, reserve half of the fire roasted tomatoes to add later to the saucepan after blending. Any dark leafy greens can be used in this recipe, but be aware of bitterness level. We recommend using Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes and tomato paste.