GutRx Thai Green Curry Salmon Soup
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 stalk Fresh Lemongrass - ends, minced
- 1 bunch Green Onion - green part only
- 3 tablespoon Fresh Ginger - minced
- 5 Kaffir Lime - leaves
- 2 bunch Thai Basil - (1 oz)
- 1.5 teaspoon Ground Coriander - dried
- 1.5 teaspoon Ground Cumin - dried
- 2 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 2 Lime - juiced
- 1 pound Salmon
- 11 fluid ounce Coconut Cream
- 3 cup Bone Broth
- 6 cup Vegetables - chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tamari
- 0.13 teaspoon Salt
- 0.25 cup Thai Basil
- 0.25 cup Fresh Cilantro - chopped
- To make the curry paste, blend together the lemongrass talk, green onions, ginger, kaffir lime leaves, thai basil (reserve ¼ cup leaves for garnish), coriander, cumin, fish sauce and juice of two limes in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- Skin salmon fillet, and chop into 1-2 inch sized pieces. Heat coconut cream, and bone broth in a large pot on high heat and reduce to a thicker sauce. Add salmon pieces, ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons curry paste, chopped vegetables, and tamari, then turn off heat and cover. Let the pot sit for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and the salmon is poached. Squeeze in lime juice, adjust seasoning, and lastly add the fresh herbs. Serve hot.
We recommend using Native Forest brand unsweetened, no thickeners coconut milk. We recommend using Thai Kitchen brand tamari, or any gluten free brand. Carrots, zucchini, green beans, and cooked sweet potatoes are some vegetables that work lovely in this recipe.