GutRx Smoky Salsa
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1 Ancho Pepper - dried
- 6 Tomatoes - seeded and diced
- 4 Green Onion - chopped (green part only)
- 1 Cayenne Pepper - diced
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro - washed and chopped
- 2 Lime - juiced and zest from 1 lime
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 0.13 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.13 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- To make the salsa, re-hydrate the ancho chili by placing it in a bowl and pouring boiling water over it. Soak for 10-15 minutes. Drain and then chop.
- Place the ancho chili, tomatoes, scallions, chili pepper, cilantro, lime juice, zest, and olive oil in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
The ancho chili is the dried version of the poblano chili. It can be found in specialty food stores. If you can’t find it, it can be kept out of the recipe.