GutRx Root Vegetable Puree Beef Roast
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1.5 pound Beef Roast
- 2 Leek - sliced – green part only
- 1 cup Beef Broth - beef bone broth
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Carrot - chopped
- 1.5 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 0.5 cup Beet - chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 0.5 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 2 Lemon
- 1 medium Sweet Potato - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Rub the beef roast with sea salt. Heat coconut oil in a medium sized Dutch oven on medium heat and brown the seasoned beef roast on all sides.
- While meat is browning, heat a pot of water to a boil. Chop the sweet potato, carrots, and beets into bite sized pieces. Toss veggies into the boiling water and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove meat from dutch oven and set aside briefly, and remove root vegetables from boiling water. Place vegetables in a food processor with ½ cup broth, dried herbs, fish sauce, and lemon and blend until smooth.
- Over medium low heat gently saute leek greens until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add the beef roast back into the dutch oven and pour in the sauce, and remaining 1/2 cup bone broth. Roast for 2 1/2 hours.
- To serve, plate the roast and drizzle generously with reduced pan drippings (the root vegetable puree and bone broth - give it a quick whisk before drizzling). If arrowroot works okay for you, consider thickening the sauce a bit with 1 T arrowroot, prior to serving.
- This is nicely complimented by green beans and sweet potato mash.
We recommend Red Boat Fish Sauce for this recipe.