GutRx Pesto Shrimp With Green Beans
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 0.13 cup Walnuts - toasted
- 1.5 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 0.25 cup Green Onion - green part only
- 0.25 cup Olive Oil
- 0.5 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Lemon - juiced
- 2 cup Green Beans - trimmed
- 2 pound Shrimp - deshelled
- To make the pesto… Blend walnuts, basil, green onion, olive oil, pinch of sea salt, pepper and ¼ lemon needed.
- To make the shrimp… heat a large skillet on medium high with coconut oil. You can cook the shrimp and the green beans in the same skillet (shrimp on one side and the green beans on the other).Season shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and sauté in coconut oil for about 3 minutes; cooked but still tender. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the Basil Walnut Pesto and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from heat, and stir in an additional 1 tablespoon of pesto. Serve with fresh squeezed lemon juice and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Sauté green beans in coconut oil until tender, about 5 minutes total. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- juiced in a food processor or blender. Taste and adjust flavor with more salt, pepper and lemon, as.
You may replace the walnuts with pine nuts or macadamia nuts, or you may omit the nuts altogether.