GutRx Pesto Shrimp With Carrots
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 0.13 cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1.5 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 0.25 cup Green Onion - green part only
- 0.25 cup Olive Oil
- 0.5 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Lemon - juiced
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 pound Shrimp - deshelled
- 12 medium Carrot - washed sliced
- To make the pesto… Blend pine nuts, basil, green onion, olive oil, pinch of sea salt, pepper and ¼ lemon juiced in a food processor or blender. Taste and adjust flavor with more salt, pepper and lemon, as needed.
- To make the shrimp… heat a large skillet on medium high with coconut oil. You can cook the shrimp and the carrots in the same skillet (shrimp on one side and the carrots on the other).
- Season shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and sauté in coconut oil for about 3 minutes; cooked but still tender. Stir in 3 Tablespoon of the Basil Walnut Pesto and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from heat, and stir in an additional 1 Tablespoon of pesto. Serve with fresh squeezed lemon juice and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Sauté carrots in coconut oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You may replace the pine nuts with walnuts or macadamia nuts, or you may omit the nuts altogether.