GutRx Parchment Paper Lemon Halibut With Wilted Spinach
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 4 Halibut Fillet - (5 ounce)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Parchment Paper - (12 inch) square
- 2 Lemon - sliced into rounds
- 0.13 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.13 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 cup Fresh Spinach
- 2 cup Arugula - fresh
- To make the halibut… brush each piece of halibut on both sides with a light coating of olive oil. Fold your sheet of parchment in half and use scissors to round out the corners so that it is almost a circle. Open the sheet back up. Place the halibut fillet skin side down onto the center of the piece of parchment. Sprinkle with small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover with three slices of lemon. Fold the piece of parchment up and over the fillet. Holding both edges of the parchment together, roll the edge down making several folds as you go until the fish fillets are tightly sealed in their packets. Place packet on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes if 1” thick or 14 minutes if 2” thick. Let stand five minutes before opening packet. This method is near full proof!
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat add the coconut oil. Gently wilt the arugula and spinach, sautéing for 1-2 minutes.
Make sure your oven is preheated before placing the fish in the oven. Bake for 12-14 minutes in the preheated oven. If you cook your fish longer it will be overcooked. When cooking halibut in parchment paper, you will know that it is done when it flakes easily.