GutRx Moroccan Lamb Keftas
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 Lime - juiced
- 1 tablespoon Champagne Vinegar
- 0.25 Fresh Cilantro - minced
- 3 tablespoon Green Onion - green part only, sliced
- 2 teaspoon Dried Mint - leaves
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1.3 pound Ground Lamb
- 0.25 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 0.25 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 0.25 teaspoon Ground Cardamom (Cardamon)
- 0.5 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 0.5 cup Mint Sauce - (see recipe)
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- To make the mint sauce, blend juice of two limes, vinegar, ¼ cup cilantro, 3 T green onions, mint, maple syrup and pinch of salt together in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- Soak wooden skewers for at least 10 minutes. Mix together ground lamb with remaining spices and herbs, and shape into 6 meatballs. Let sit for 20 minutes to an hour in the fridge, and when it’s time to grill them, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Heat a stove top grill to medium high with coconut oil, and shape each meatball into a sausage shape onto each skewer using your hands. Season with more salt if desired, and grill evenly on each side for 5 minutes. Place in the oven on a foil lined sheet pan and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with mint sauce and freshly chopped cilantro as a garnish.