GutRx Moroccan And Chicken Kabocha Squash Soup
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 pinch Asafoetida - gluten free
- 0.5 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 0.25 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
- 3 cup Kabocha Squash - (1/2-inch) peeled cubed
- 1 can Tomato Paste - 6 oz
- 4 cup Bone Broth
- 1 Zucchini - diced
- 2 cup Cooked Chicken Breast - shredded, (about 10 ounces)
- 0.75 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.5 cup Fresh Basil - coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Orange Rind - grated
- To make the soup, in a medium sized soup pot, over medium heat, add coconut oil and cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add kabocha squash and tomato paste; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in bone broth and simmer 8 minutes. Add zucchini and salt; cook 5 minutes or until squash is tender. Add shredded chicken and cook 1 minute, until chicken is heated through. Remove pan from heat. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind. Season with salt and pepper.
Feel free to replace bone broth with equal amounts of water or low FODMAP broth. Please see our Shredded Chicken recipe to make the shredded chicken for this recipe. For more garlic flavor, add 1-2 small pinches of Gluten Free Asafoetida. Sauté 2-3 minutes, until you smell garlic and onion aroma. Then add the chicken.