GutRx Lemon Dijon Dressing
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1.5 tablespoon Dijon Mustard - maille brand
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Milk - canned – unsweetened, no gums
- 1 tablespoon Honey - (clover or alfalfa)
- 0.25 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 0.25 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.13 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- To make the dressing, blend ingredients together until smooth in a blender or food processor (blend for approximately 10 seconds).
We recommend Native Forest full fat canned coconut milk for this recipe. Honey contains fructose. Northern latitude honey (clover, raspberry, alfalfa) contain a closer ratio of fructose to glucose than tropical honey (like the honey that Monash University tested and noted as a high fodmap food). Since northern latitude honey contains a closer ratio of fructose to glucose, this improves fructose absorption and we find that many people with fructose intolerance can enjoy a small amount of northern latitude honey. Please try this and see how you do (easy enough to test out in tea, like Rooibos tea). Guest Guru Patsy Catsos recommends to her patients and readers, to not include honey. If you were referred to GutRxGurus by Patsy, please omit honey from this recipe. We're happy to make a suitable substitution suggestion. Feel free to post a question in the forum!