GutRx Crispy Lamb Lettuce Wraps
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 4 tablespoon Pine Nuts - toasted
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 bunch Green Onion - chopped (green parts only)
- 6 ounce Ground Lamb
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 0.75 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.25 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper - freshly
- 0.5 cup Fresh Parsley - chopped
- 0.5 cup Tomato - chopped
- 0.5 cup Cucumber - chopped
- 0.25 cup Yogurt - homemade 24 hr
- 0.25 cup Hummus - (homemade)
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Mint Leaf - chopped
- 8 large Lettuce Leaf - butter lettuce leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Dry toast the pine nuts for 1-2 minutes, then set aside. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the oil. Once heated, add the green onions, lamb, cinnamon, salt and pepper and sauté for approximately 5 minutes or until lamb is done.
- While the lamb is cooking, combine parsley, tomato, and cucumber in a medium bowl. Once the lamb is cooked, add to the tomato and cucumber mixture.
- Combine yogurt and hummus in a small bowl.
- To serve: place about 1/4 cup lamb mixture in each butter lettuce leaf and garnish with hummus mixture, mint and pine nuts.
We recommend using our Living Free Roasted Red Pepper Hummus or Living Free Hummus recipes in this recipe. You'll find 24 hour yogurt recipe on our site, or you may use Green Valley lactose free yogurt (if you tolerate pectin well). For more garlic flavor, add 1-2 small pinches of Gluten Free Asafoetida. Sauté 2-3 minutes, until you smell garlic and onion aroma. Then add the green onions, lamb, cinnamon.... We recommend Herb Stop gluten free asafetida, or you may use 1 tablespoon garlic infused rice bran oil to replace the coconut oil and asafetida in this recipe.