GutRx Crispy Chicken Strips With Lime Aioli
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 16 Chicken Tender
- 1 Egg - beaten
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika - ground
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 4 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 8 tablespoon Mayonnaise - (see notes)
- Beat the egg in a bowl. On a separate plate, mix together the almond meal, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, dried parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the chicken tenders in the egg. Shake to remove excess egg, then place in the almond meal mix. Cover completely, then set aside on a plate. Repeat the process until all pieces are covered.
- Make the Lime Aioli… in another small bowl, mix together all of the lime aioli ingredients: 8 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1 tsp of lime zest and 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Set aside.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the coconut oil and melt, allowing the pan to return to temperature. To test if the oil is hot enough for shallow frying, use tongs to dip a corner of one piece of chicken into the oil. If it sizzles, it is ready.
- Place the chicken in the oil, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. You may need to cook it in two batches. The oil may splatter, so be careful and use a splatter guard if you have one. Cook the chicken on both sides until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and repeat until all pieces have been cooked.
- Serve hot with the lime aioli.
Try our homemade mayonnaise recipe.