GutRx Creamy Cucumber Dressing
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 4 cup Cucumber - thinly sliced,(peeled and seeded)
- 2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1.5 cup Yogurt - 24 hour (homemade)
- 2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 0.5 cup Fresh Basil
- 0.25 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey - (clover or alfalfa)
- 0.5 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1.5 cup Sour Cream - (see notes)
- 4 tablespoon Garlic Chives
- To make the dressing, toss cucumber and 2 teaspoons sea salt together and place in a colander. Allow to drain for 30 minutes. Blend together remaining ingredients in a food processor, and stir in cucumbers. Let mixture sit for an additional 30 minutes.
We recommend Green Valley lactose free sour cream. You'll find 24 hour yogurt recipe on our site, or you may use Green Valley lactose free yogurt (if you tolerate pectin well). Honey contains fructose. Northern latitude honey (clover, raspberry, alfalfa) contain a closer ratio of fructose to glucose than tropical honey (like the honey that Monash University tested and noted as a high fodmap food). Since northern latitude honey contains a closer ratio of fructose to glucose, this improves fructose absorption and we find that many people with fructose intolerance can enjoy a small amount of northern latitude honey. Please try this and see how you do (easy enough to test out in tea, like Rooibos tea). Guest Guru Patsy Catsos recommends to her patients and readers, to not include honey. If you were referred to GutRxGurus by Patsy, please omit honey from this recipe. We're happy to make a suitable substitution suggestion. Feel free to post a question in the forum!