GutRx Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 0.25 cup Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 0.5 cup Thai Basil - fresh thai basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 head Boston (Butter) Lettuce - large
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 2 tablespoon Tamari
- 0.25 cup Fresh Cilantro - chopped
- 0.25 cup Fresh Mint - + ½ cup, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 Lime - juiced
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat with coconut oil and sauté ground chicken with fish sauce, shredded carrots, and half of the amount of tamari until fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Add freshly chopped cilantro and mint, along with maple syrup and lime juice.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add remaining tamari, toasted pumpkin seeds, and fresh whole Thai basil leaves, and let cool.
- Wash a head a butter lettuce, and remove individual leaves. Place the cooked chicken mixture inside the lettuce leaf, squeeze any extra lime juice you have and roll up to eat.
We recommend using Thai Kitchen brand gluten free fish sauce and tamari.