GutRx Best Ever Steak With An Arugula, Tomato, And Prosciutto Salad
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 Beef Steak - 5oz
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 0.5 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 6 slice Prosciutto
- 2 tablespoon Pine Nuts
- 1 pint Cherry Tomato - halved
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 handful Arugula - leaves, washed
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Rub the steak with olive oil, then season liberally with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the prosciutto on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the oven to cool. Once cool enough to handle, break into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place the pine nuts on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden. Keep an eye on the nuts as they can burn quickly. Set aside.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook for 20-30 minutes until roasted and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat the BBQ or a grill pan until hot. Turn down the heat to medium-high. Place the steaks on the heat and grill to your liking. Once cooked, remove from the heat and cover lightly with foil. Rest for half the length of the cooking time. So if the cooking time was 6 minutes, rest for 3 minutes.
- To make the salad… while the steak is resting. In a large bowl, mix the arugula, cherry tomatoes, prosciutto, pine nuts, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together. Mix until well combined.
- To serve… plate the steak with the salad on the side. A dollop of your favorite mustard will go perfectly with the steak.