GutRx Basil Walnut Pesto Shrimp
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 pound Shrimp - deshelled
- 0.25 cup Walnuts - toasted
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Basil - julienned
- 0.5 cup Green Onion - green part only
- 0.5 cup Olive Oil
- 0.25 teaspoon Salt
- 0.13 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Lemon
- To make the pesto blend walnuts, basil, green onion, juice of one lemon, pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until the herbs are finely minced. Then add the 1/2 cup olive oil. Process until desired texture.
- To make the shrimp heat a large skillet on medium high with olive oil. Season shrimp with salt, and saute for about 3 minutes, or until cooked but still tender. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the Basil Walnut Pesto and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from heat, and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of the pesto. Serve with fresh squeezed lemon juice and julienned basil leaves.
We recommend serving this dish with 1/2 cup steamed rice or white quinoa per serving.