GutRx 20 Minute Pesto Chicken With Carrots
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 0.33 cup Raw Macadamia Nuts - (soaked for 20 minutes, drained & rinsed)
- 0.25 cup Pine Nuts - roasted
- 1 cup Basil Leaf - (lightly packed)
- 1 bunch Garlic Chives - (green parts only)
- 0.25 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.5 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.13 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 medium Boneless Chicken Breast - butterflied
- 0.5 cup Coconut Flour
- 3 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 3.5 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 12 medium Carrots - chopped
- To make the pesto… blend macadamia nuts, pine nuts, basil, chives, olive oil, pinch of sea salt and pepper. Taste and adjust flavor with more salt, and pepper, as needed.
- To prepare chicken…. Lay the boneless chicken breast on the cutting board with the smooth side down. Locate the small inner fillet, called the tender, and remove it by cutting away any connective tissue. Turn the breast over and, with the edge of a knife parallel to the cutting board, begin cutting down the length of the side of the breast. Carefully slice the breast in half widthwise almost to the other edge. Keep that edge intact and open the breast along the "fold."
- Mix together the coconut flour and sesame seeds and place into a shallow bowl. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Dredge the butterflied chicken through the mixture and pan fry in batches, 3-4 minutes on each side (add more coconut oil, if needed).
- To make the carrots… in a small skillet, heat
- 1.5 tablespoons over medium high heat and saute the carrots until tender. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
You may replace the pine nuts or macadamia nuts with all walnuts, pine nuts or macadamia nuts, or you may omit the nuts altogether.