Greek Stuffed Tomatoes
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 6 medium Tomatoes - ripe
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Raw Pumpkin Seeds - chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dried Mint
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Chives - chopped
- 3 tablespoon Fresh Parsley - chopped
- 0.5 cup White Rice - cooked
- 0.13 teaspoon Salt
- 0.13 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- To prepare the tomatoes, slice the tops off of the tomatoes and set aside. Carefully scoop out the pulp from each tomato, leaving about ¼ inch thick shell and being careful not to break the skin. Save the tomato pulp in a separate bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a small sauce pan on medium heat, add chopped pumpkin seeds, dried mint, chives, and parsley, then stir for 1 minute until fragrant and seeds are slightly toasted, but not burned. Add the cooked rice and half of the tomato pulp and saute for 2 minutes. Take off heat, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven until 350 F. Fill tomatoes with the rice mixture, being careful not to break or over stuff the tomatoes. Place the tomatoes on a lightly greased baking dish with coconut oil. Replace the tops back onto the stuffed tomatoes, and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the rims/tops have begun to brown just slightly. Serve hot.
Ghee can be used in place of olive oil or coconut oil in this recipe.