Five Spice Chicken Rice Bowl
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 0.5 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 0.25 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 2.5 teaspoon Paprika
- 0.13 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 0.13 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil - divided
- 1.5 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh - trimmed
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt - (homemade 24 hour)
- 0.25 teaspoon Grated Lemon Zest
- 0.25 cup Fresh Lemon Juice - divided
- 1.5 teaspoon Sea Salt - divided
- 0.75 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper - divided
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Dill - coarsely chopped,plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoon Mints - coarsely chopped.plus more for serving
- 0.5 Cucumber - large,halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4"-thick half-moons
- 2 cup Shredded Lettuce - romaine
- 1 cup Cherries - small,grape tomatoes, halved
- 0.33 cup Green Onion - thinly sliced,green parts only
- 2 cup Rice - cooked or quinoa
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine first 5 spices, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3/4 tsp sea salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss evenly to coat.
- Place the chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast ~12-15 minutes until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of thigh reads 165°F. Remove from the
- oven and allow to rest ~ 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt, lemon zest, half of the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl until incorporated. Fold in both the dill and mint and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, remaining lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Finally, thinly slice the chicken. To serve place ½ cup cooked rice in each bowl and top evenly with chicken and tomato-cucumber salad. Drizzle each liberally with
- yogurt sauce and sprinkle with a little more fresh dill and/or mint if desired.
We recommend well cooked jasmine rice or tan quinoa with this recipe. You'll find 24 hour yogurt recipe on our site, or you may use Green Valley lactose free yogurt (if you tolerate pectin well).