Ethiopian Style Collard Greens
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 3 tablespoon Ghee
- 0.13 teaspoon Ground Cardamom (Cardamon) - seeds
- 0.13 teaspoon Fenugreek Seed - ground
- 0.5 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger - minced
- 1.5 pound Collard Greens - stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup Bone Broth
- 0.13 teaspoon Salt
- 0.13 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Champagne Vinegar
- To make the collard greens, heat a large pot over medium heat with ghee. Add cardamom, fenugreek, and asafoetida, stirring often for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add ginger, and continue cooking and stirring for an additional minute. Add collards, bone broth, salt, and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cook for an additional 20 minutes until collards are tender, stir in vinegar, and serve warm.
We recommend using homemade bone broth that is free of a high fodmap ingredient, such as garlic or onions.