Curried Rice With Salmon And Watercress
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 2 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1.5 cup White Rice - rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Chives
- 4 ounce Salmon - cooked
- 2 cup Watercress - fresh
- 1 teaspoon Tamari
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger - grated
- Heat a small pot over high heat with 2 T ghee, coriander, turmeric and curry powder. With a spatula, move the spices around to coat and stir occasionally until fragrant. Add rice and stir to lightly toast. Add water according to package instructions and cook. Once fully cooked add the chopped chives, cover and set aside.
- Flake the baked salmon (with or without skin), heat if needed, and mix with tamari and fresh ginger. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain the watercress and then chop. To serve, layer the watercress, then curry rice and top with salmon.
You can also roll these ingredients up into a sushi roll with nori seaweed sheets. Serve the rolls with tamari and wasabi. Left over cooked salmon is perfect for this recipe. We recommend using wild caught salmon. 1/2 cup white rice is a serving.