Cucumber Herb Gazpacho With Melon And Shrimp
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 large Cucumber - peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 4 Green Onion - chopped, green parts only
- 0.5 cup Fresh Herbs - assorted fresh herbs (basil, chives, and mint)
- 1 Fresh Ginger - 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.25 cup Plain Yogurt - (24 hr homemade)
- 0.75 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.25 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 16 large Shrimp - peeled, cooked, and diced
- 0.5 cup Cantaloupe - finely diced
- Fresh Herbs - to taste
- 0.25 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In a food processer add the cucumbers, green onions, herbs, ginger, olive oil, and yogurt. Process until smooth. Pour into an airtight container and season with the salt, pepper, and Tabasco. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- In a small bowl toss together the shrimp, diced cantaloupe, and 1-2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs.
- Divide soup evenly among 4 chilled bowls and top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with a sprinkle of crumbled feta. Serve immediately.
You'll find 24 hour yogurt recipe on our site, or you may use Green Valley lactose free yogurt (if you tolerate pectin well).