Crispy Root Vegetable Chips
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1 Plantain Banana - green
- 2 large Carrots
- 1 Parsnip
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Turnip
- 0.5 cup Coconut Oil
- 1.5 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the chips, peel the plantain by slicing off the ends, then cut in half lengthwise and then using a paring knife, peel the skin off in strips. Peal the turnip, parsnip and sweet potato with a potato peeler.
- Using a sharp knife, slice each root vegetable into even thin slices. If you have a mandolin slicer, this would work even better.
- In a small glass bowl, melt the coconut oil in the microwave briefly, about 10-15 seconds.
- Place the root vegetables in a large mixing bowl, toss with the coconut oil and salt and turn out in a single layer, onto the baking sheet. You may need to roast these in two batches.
- Roast for approximately 20-25 minutes, turning once and rotating the pan (if needed) until you have crispy golden brown chips. Remove from the heat and turn out onto a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
you can spice these up by adding any of the dry roasted spice recipes on our site! ½ cup serving of these chips is a low FODMAP serving.