Coconut Crumbed Prawns With A Ruby Grapefruit Salad
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1 Egg
- 0.5 cup Shredded Coconut
- 0.5 teaspoon Salt
- 12 Large Shrimp - shelled and deveined
- 0.5 cup Coconut Oil
- 4 handful Watercress - washed
- 2 Ruby Red Grapefruit - cut into segments or slivers
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Break the egg into a bowl and beat until combined. Place the coconut and salt on a plate
- and mix thoroughly. Dip the prawns/shrimp in the egg, shake off excess, then dip in the
- coconut. Place on a clean plate. Repeat until all prawns/shrimp are covered.
- Melt the coconut oil in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. To test if the oil has come to temperature, dip a corner of a prawn in the oil. If it sizzles, it is ready. Cook the prawns in the oil until cooked through on both sides. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Place the watercress and grapefruit in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and
- white wine vinegar together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing onto the salad
- and mix thoroughly.
- To serve, divide the salad and grapefruit segments over four plates. Top with three prawns/shrimp on each plate.