Chipotle Cabbage Wedges
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1 small Green Cabbage
- 2 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- Sea Salt - to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Clover Honey - or maple syrup
- 0.5 cup Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the cabbage into 4-6 wedges. Arrange the wedges on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle each with a little avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper. Roast until edges are crisp, about 15-25 minutes depending on the size of the wedges.
- To prepare the chipotle crème, mix together the chipotle chili powder, honey, and sour cream, and then set aside.
- Once the cabbage is roasted place onto a serving plate along with chipotle cream for dipping.
We recommend Green Valley Sour Cream for this recipe. Honey contains fructose. Northern latitude honey (clover, raspberry, alfalfa) contain a closer ratio of fructose to glucose than tropical honey (like the honey that Monash University tested and noted as a high fodmap food). Since northern latitude honey contains a closer ratio of fructose to glucose, this improves fructose absorption and we find that many people with fructose intolerance can enjoy a small amount of northern latitude honey. Please try this and see how you do (easy enough to test out in tea, like Rooibos tea). Guest Guru Patsy Catsos recommends to her patients and readers, to not include honey. If you were referred to GutRxGurus by Patsy, please omit honey from this recipe. We're happy to make a suitable substitution suggestion. Feel free to post a question in the forum!