Chicken Yakitori Skewers With Rainbow Cauliflower Rice
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh - cubed
- 0.5 cup Tamari - wheat free
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger - grated
- 1 Cayenne Pepper - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 cup Frozen Cauliflower Florets
- 0.5 Red Pepper - finely diced
- 0.5 Green Pepper - finely diced
- 0.5 Yellow Pepper - finely diced
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 0.13 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Marinate the chicken… place the chicken in a glass or ceramic dish and cover with the ½ cup tamari, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Once the chicken has marinated, thread the pieces onto metal or wooden skewers (if wooden, soak the skewers in water for 20 minutes first).
- Cook the chicken… heat a grill pan or BBQ over a medium-high heat.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook until the chicken is cooked through, to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Make the rainbow cauliflower rice…place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the cauliflower, peppers, and 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked but still firm. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Serve the skewers with a side of cauliflower rice.
Replace the coconut aminos with equal amounts of wheat free tamari if desired. This meal contains cauliflower, which is a moderate to high FODMAP food. If you can tolerate it, please enjoy it! If you can't feel free to replace this with 1/2 cup cooked basmati rice per serving.