Chicken And Lime Tortilla Soup
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 4 Corn Tortilla
- 2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 0.5 teaspoon Lime Zest
- Sea Salt - to taste
- 4 cup Chicken Broth - (homemade)
- 2 cup Water
- 0.75 cup Fire-Roasted Tomatoes - muir glen brand
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 0.25 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 0.12 teaspoon Dried Crushed Red Pepper
- 12 ounce Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - halves, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 2 Green Onion - sliced, green parts only
- 0.25 cup Fresh Cilantro - chopped
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut corn tortillas in half and cut into thin strips. Toss with olive oil, lime zest, and a generous pinch of sea salt in a small bowl. Spread strips on baking sheet. Bake until golden, and crispy about 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheet.
- To make the soup, combine broth, water, tomatoes, bay leaf, cumin and red pepper in saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken and simmer until cooked through. Stir in green onions, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish each serving with tortilla strips and additional cilantro or green onion.
You'll find 24 hour yogurt recipe on our site, or you may use Green Valley lactose free yogurt (if you tolerate pectin well). We recommend Muir Glen canned tomatoes for this recipe.