Chicken And Leek Frittata
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1.5 cup Chicken - cooked, cubed
- 1 Leek - (green part only)
- 6 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 0.67 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seed
- 2 cup Tomatoes - beefcake tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 0.5 cup Parmesan Cheese
- In an oven proof medium sized skillet, heat over medium heat, add the oil and sauté the chicken until cooked through until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board.
- In the same pan, add the leek (green parts only) and sauté until tender and ever so slightly caramelized (browned). While the leek is cooking, dice up the chicken into small bite sized pieces. Once the leek is done cooking, add the chicken back into the pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper and coconut milk and fennel seeds together and pour into the skillet.
- Push the eggs around a little, until they start to set at the bottom of the pan. Turn the heat to low and cook for 12 minutes, until set (except for the very top).
- Arrange the tomatoes on the top of the frittata and transfer to the oven and broil on low, until the top is firm and slightly golden. This will only take a few minutes, so watch this carefully.
- Top with parmesan and place it back under the broiler to melt the cheese. Garnish with parsley.
We recommend Native Forest canned coconut milk, no thickeners or sweeteners.