Chicken And Fire Roasted Tomato Vegetable Soup
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1.5 tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 pinch Asafoetida - gluten free
- 0.5 cup Carrot - chopped
- 1 Celeriac - root, medium, chopped
- 0.25 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 3 cup Bone Broth
- 1 can Fire-Roasted Tomatoes - (14.5-ounce) (muir glen)
- 1 cup Green Beans - cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cup Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - shredded (about 10 oz)
- 2 ounce Grated Parmesan Cheese - fresh,aged (about 1/2 cup)
- 0.5 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- To make the soup, in a medium sized soup pot, over medium heat, add coconut oil and asafetida and sauté powder for 2-3 minutes, until you smell garlic and onion flavor.
- Add carrot, celeriac, salt, pepper and thyme; sauté 4 minutes. Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add green beans; cook 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, and sprinkle with cheese. Discard thyme.
- Variations: can add curry, red chili pepper and some canned coconut milk (unsweetened, no thickeners) to convert this into a Thai soup recipe.
Feel free to replace bone broth with equal amounts of water or low FODMAP broth.