Cheesecake With Pecan Crust
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 3 cup Whole Pecans - (about 2 ½ cups ground)
- 0.25 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon - cardamom
- 0.25 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Butter - organic and melted
- 2 Eggs - whole room temperature
- 2 Egg White - room temperature
- 0.5 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Vanilla Bean - split lengthwise, and seeds scraped
- 16 ounce Cream Cheese - green valley lactose free, room temperature
- Place the pecans in the food processor and pulse and until ground but not completely ground. You don't want the nuts to break down too much otherwise they will get oily. You need about 2 ½ cups ground. Transfer the ground pecans to a medium bowl.
- Add the cinnamon, sugar, and 2-3 tablespoon melted butter depending. You just want the mixture to be well moistened and stick together, but not too oily. Mix until
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch deep dish pie pan. Chill the unbaked crust in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and make cheesecake filling. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Save these yolks for another recipe. Using an
- electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, mix the 2 whole eggs (yolk and white) with the remaining ingredients until it is a mousse-like consistency. Gently fold in the egg whites until fully mixed. Spread mixture into the prepared pie
- pan.Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.
This cheesecake tastes great topped with cooked blueberries.