Celeriac Chicken Soup With Macadamia Nut Drizzle
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 8 ounce Raw Macadamia Nuts
- 1 tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 pinch Asafoetida - gluten free
- 1 Whole Organic Chicken - (about 4 pounds), cut into pieces (including the back)
- 1.25 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 9 cup Bone Broth
- 6 Carrots - roughly chopped
- 3 medium Celeriac - root, peeled, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 stalk Fresh Lemon Grass - cut in half
- 5 sprig Fresh Parsley - finely chopped
- 0.75 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper - (to taste)
- 4 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Green Onion - finely chopped (green part only)
- 0.5 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Soak the macadamia nuts in filtered water for 30 minutes to one hour.
- In large stock pot, heat to medium heat, add 1 T coconut oil and 1-2 small pinches of Gluten Free Asafoetida. Sauté 2-3 minutes, until you smell garlic and onion aroma. Add chicken and 1 T sea salt to stockpot with the bone broth. Slowly bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken breast only, and set aside. Add carrots, celeriac root, lemon grass, parsley, pepper, thyme and vinegar. Simmer, partially covered, for 40 minutes.
- To make the macadamia nut cream: Pour nuts and liquid into food processor or vitamix and grind down as finely as possible. Add lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon of salt and blend until creamy. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Back to the soup: Remove remaining chicken; discard back and wings. Let cool slightly. Remove meat from bones, and cut into bite-size pieces. Remove sprigs of thyme and discard.
- Stir in desired amount of chicken; reserve the rest for another use. Season with salt. Garnish with green onions, chopped fine (green parts only) and a drizzle of macadamia nut cream.
We recommend Herb Stop gluten free asafetida. Feel free to replace bone broth with equal amounts of water or low FODMAP broth.