Carrot Zucchini Baked Oatmeal
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 cup Gluten-free Oats
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger
- Ground Cardamom (Cardamon) - to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Carrots - grated
- 1 cup Zucchini - grated
- 0.5 cup Currants
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cup Almond Milk - homemade
- 5 tablespoon Maple Syrup - divided
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil - melted
- 1 cup Pecans
- 0.75 cup Seeds - (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8 x 9 inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon the oat mixture into the oiled baking dish and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and almond milk until combined. Evenly pour the egg mixture over the oats.
- Finally in a separate bowl mix together the coconut oil, remaining ¼ cup of maple syrup, nuts and seeds. Add a generous pinch of salt, and mix well.
- Evenly distribute the nut mixture over the oats and bake for 45 minutes or until the oatmeal has set and the nuts are golden brown.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of canned Native Forest coconut milk, nut milk, or homemade 24 hour yogurt.