Carrot And Parsnip Gratin
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 3 large Carrots
- 3 large Parsnip
- 2 Leek - sliced
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 3 cup Cauliflower Florettes
- 3.5 ounce Pecorino - or parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Remove and Restore, Gluten Free, Vegetarian.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Thinly slice the carrots and parsnips with a knife or mandolin. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook the leeks in one tablespoon of butter until soft. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large saucepan and cook in boiling water until soft. Drain. Place the florets in a high-powered blender with one tablespoon of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble the gratin, spread some cauliflower purée on the bottom of a pie dish. Top with carrot and parsnip slices. Top with some leek and a small sprinkling of cheese. Repeat, finishing with a thick layer of cauliflower purée. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1 hour or until the carrots and parsnip are al dente. If the top is browning too quickly, cover it with foil.