Brown Lentil And Fire Roasted Tomato Chicken Soup
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 1 tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 pinch Asafoetida - gluten free
- 1 Whole Organic Chicken - (about 6 pounds), cut into pieces (including the back)
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 2 can Fire-Roasted Tomatoes - 28 oz (muir glen)
- 8 cup Bone Broth
- 6 Carrots - roughly chopped
- 1 medium Celeriac - root, peeled, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 stalk Fresh Lemon Grass - cut in half
- 5 sprig Fresh Parsley - finely chopped
- 4 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 0.75 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper - (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 16 ounce Brown Lentils - canned (rinsed, discard liquid)
- 2 Green Onion - finely chopped (green part only)
- In large stock pot, heat to medium heat, add 1 T coconut oil and 1-2 small pinches of Gluten Free Asafoetida. Sauté 2-3 minutes, until you smell garlic and onion aroma.
- Add chicken and 1 T sea salt to stockpot with fire roasted tomatoes and bone broth. Slowly bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken breast only, and set aside. Add carrots, celeriac root, lemon grass, parsley, pepper, thyme and vinegar. Simmer, partially covered, for 40 minutes. Add the lentils.
- Remove remaining chicken; discard back and wings. Let cool slightly. Remove meat from bones, and cut into bite-size pieces. Remove sprigs of thyme and discard.
- Stir in desired amount of chicken; reserve the rest for another use. Season with salt. Garnish with green onions, chopped fine (green parts only)
We recommend Herb Stop gluten free asafodtida. Feel free to replace bone broth with equal amounts of water or low FODMAP broth.