Beat The Blues
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 0.5 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 0.5 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 0.5 teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- 1 cup Ice
- 0.25 teaspoon Clover Honey - organic
- To make the smoothie, place all ingredients into the blender and blend until combined. Serve over extra ice cubes and enjoy immediately.
Honey contains fructose. Northern latitude honey (clover, raspberry, alfalfa) contain a closer ratio of fructose to glucose than tropical honey (like the honey that Monash University tested and noted as a high fodmap food). Since northern latitude honey contains a closer ratio of fructose to glucose, this improves fructose absorption and we find that many people with fructose intolerance can enjoy a small amount of northern latitude honey. Please try this and see how you do (easy enough to test out in tea, like Rooibos tea). Guest Guru Patsy Catsos recommends to her patients and readers, to not include honey. If you were referred to GutRxGurus by Patsy, please omit honey from this recipe. We're happy to make a suitable substitution suggestion. Feel free to post a question in the forum!