African Lentil Dip
- Servings -
- My Notes -
- 2 Carrots - cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 can Brown Lentils - 15oz, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 0.5 teaspoon Grated Nutmeg - freshly
- 0.5 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 0.25 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt - to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper - to taste
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro - chopped
- In a large saucepan, cover the carrots with the water and bring to a boil. Simmer until the carrots are tender.
- Transfer the carrots into a food processor, along with
- the canned lentils, and puree until smooth.
- In the same saucepan, melt the ghee. Add the cumin, coriander, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cayenne and cook over low heat, stirring a few times, until fragrant,
- about 3 minutes. Add the lentil puree and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper and stir in the lemon juice.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature with rice crackers or vegetable crudité.
Up to 1/2 cup of rinsed and drained brown canned lentils is a low FODMAP serving.